Sunday, November 25, 2007

Window Sill Herb Garden


Ever thought of planting a window sill herb garden to get you over those winter blues?
It would be nice to have some fresh herbs growing in the kitchen window sill this winter
to help take away those winter blues plus you could get some health benefits at the same time.

Most herbs will get by on at least 6 hours of sunlight a day.So if you have a sunny window sill then
you are in business.Basil, chives, sweet marjoram, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, savory, tarragon, and thyme are especially well suited to growing in windowsill gardens.

So get out your potting mix, container,and get started today.

6 comments:

waliz said...

ths is awsome...at the same time the window sil will cheerful and nice wth the herbs around...

steven wilson said...

Hi Waliz
A window sill herb garden is a wonderful addition to the kitchen.Not only do you get to enjoy the beauty,but also you have fresh herbs for your cooking need's.

Thank you for your comment.
Steven

Anonymous said...

I love herb gardens but I can only admire others and just wish... for I don't have green fingers :(

steven wilson said...

Hi Viv
You should have no problem getting an herb garden going.You can even get some from the makers of chia pet.I have not used them myself,but they look pretty simple.

Thanks for stopping by.
Steven

Anonymous said...

This picture soothes my soul...I love fresh herbs and I'm missing my outdoor herb garden already. I wish I had windows that faced the right way so I could grow them inside...maybe some plant lights are in order.

steven wilson said...

Hi Chris
Some plant lights should do the trick well.I would start off with just maybe one plant to see how it did.

steven